Hehehe.... I know that’s a cheesy name but today’s find is soooo yummelicious that I can’t get brains to work on a decent name J well, if any bright names strike you while reading the post, drop in a comment and let me know....
If I love cheese first, mushrooms come second J so when I have a combination of the two how could I resist!!!
Ok, let’s get to the recipe- stuffed mushrooms with egg and cheese core. Actually, cheese topping also...hehehe..I still have some flavoured Gouda cheese left from the croquettes post, so the experimenting with cheese is on. This time we are stuffing mushrooms with scrambled egg, Gouda cheese and topping it with mozzarella for a finishing touch. In here the celery stick is a very important ingredient, so don’t opt out on that....it gives a perfect blend-in flavour to the mushrooms and egg. Green chillies are optional as always J I know, I know....I just can’t live without them....hehehe...they somehow make their way into every dish I make.
Finally, I also should admit that this is my first attempt on stuffed mushrooms...so did some googling and research before going for it. But as usual the recipe was born in my kitchen!!
1. Button mushrooms - 12
2. Egg - 1
3. Onion - 1 small finely chopped
4. Tomato - ½ small finely chopped
5. Celery stick - ¼th of a stick chopped finely
6. garlic - 1 clove finely chopped
7. Green chillies - 2 finely chopped(optional)
8. Butter - 1 tablespoon
9. Flavoured Gouda cheese(garlic and herbs)- freshly grated (2 tablespoon)
10. Mozzarella cheese- shredded for final topping
11. Salt to taste
1. Clean the mushrooms and remove the stem. I did not use the stem, left them for my mushroom curry for tomorrow. You can use stem also for the stuffing mixture.
2. In a pan, melt butter, add garlic, green chillies, onions and salt. Sauté till golden colour. Now add celery. Stir for some time. Add tomato and wait till mixture becomes a little dry. Last add the egg and scramble.
|Fooling around before adding the egg :)|
3. Now take mushroom, first put some grated gouda cheese, next fill with the egg mixture and last top with shredded mozzarella cheese.
4. Grease baking tray with olive oil. Place stuffed mushrooms in it.
|Gonna pop them into the oven....|
5. Pre heat oven to 220⁰C. Bake mushrooms in oven for 8 to10mins. By then water content from mushroom will start coming out.
(And start devouring them down, one by one...hehe...at least that’s what I didJ.)
6. Garnish with baked tomato slices and serve hot!!
|Just before they were tossed into my mouth :)|