Potatoes are always as much a pleasure cooking just as they are eating....such a versatile veggie....n I with the right preparation potato is the closest we can get to meat because they absorb flavours so well. Here’s an easy spicy potato dish. It can be served with rice or bread of your choice.
Ingredients: (serves 4)
Potatoes - 3 medium diced (peeled if you don’t like the skin on)
Onion- 1 diced
Garlic finely chopped - ½ tablespoon
Ginger finely chopped - ½ tablespoon
Green chillies- 2 or 3 slit
Bell pepper/ capsicum- 1 diced
Onion stem - 1 bunch finely chopped
Olive oil 1 tablespoon
Chicken stock- 1 ½ cups (vegetable stock for vegetarians)
Corn starch- 1 teaspoon mixed in 2 tablespoon water
Soya sauce- 1 teaspoon
Tomato ketchup - 1 table spoon
Freshly ground pepper- 1 teaspoon
Sesame seeds- 1 teaspoon
1. Heat 1 oil in a pan.
2. Sauté ginger and garlic till raw smell is gone.
3. Add onion and continue sautéing till it’s transparent.
4. Next add green chillies and stir.
5. Now toss in potato pieces, stir for a minute and then add the chicken stock. Close lid and cook till potato is fully done and water content is almost zero.
6. Add bell pepper, soya sauce, pepper powder and tomato sauce. Stir for a minute. Mix well.
7. Last add the corn starch and switch off flames.
8. Garnish with onion stem and sesame seeds.
9. Serve hot with pancakes/bread/roti/rice or even spaghetti.