Thanks everyone for voting me to the top 9 on FOODBUZZ.
Made it to Daily Special on FoodbuzzSoup is a purrrfect dish to bid adieu to autumn and welcome the winter....this was a part of our dinner when I made the Tuna n cheese croquettes posted earlier. Ginger, mint, French beans, cauliflower, carrots, tomatoes, celery...one hell of a healthy treat I tell u!!!
Ingredients: (serves - 4)
1. Cauliflower - 4 to 5 branches
2. Carrot - 1 whole peeled
3. French beans - 9 to 10 whole
4. Tomato - 1 large or 2 medium
5. Mint leaves- 5 sprigs (use only leaves)
6. Vegetable stock- 2 cups
7. Garlic powder- a pinch (optional)
8. Butter -2 table spoon
9. Celery stick - ½ chopped finely
10. Ginger - 2 inches piece cut into very thin strands
11. Ground pepper- 1 teaspoon
12. Red chilli flakes- ½ teaspoon(strictly for spice lover only)
13. Fresh cream - 1 dollop(optional)
14. Spring onion/ onion stems- one bunch(finely chopped)
15. Salt to taste
1. Dice ingredients 1 to 4. Add mint, veggie stock, garlic powder and boil till everything is fully cooked. Add water if necessary.
2. Then mash mixture just a bit. Remove large chunks and puree. Leave small pieces in the broth as in picture below. But remove all the mint leaves for pureeing.
3. Add puree to broth and get it back on the flames (on very low). Now add cream, pepper and mix. Off the flame.
|vegetables getting ready to puree!|
4. In a pan, melt butter add ginger stands and chilli flakes. Wait for a few seconds and add celery. Then sauté for a minute. Pour into the soup and mix well.
5. Garnish with onion stems and serve hot with your favourite accompaniment.