Made it to Daily Special on Foodbuzz
This pudding is quiet different from the usual bread puddings. Its texture is gooey and soft with crunch from the pistachio only. It is an easy prep too.
Strictly follow the recipe or the pudding will not turn out well. I used an 8 inch square glass dish to set the pudding. So, adjust the ingredients according to your dish.
Also, be careful not to brown the bread while toasting it. It spoils the texture of the pudding.
Keep the sugar syrup thin. When you dip bread pieces in the syrup, don’t dip for very long. Just a small dip, take it out and slight squeeze between your palms. Happy cooking!
Ingredients: (Serves- 8)
Bread- 10 pieces
Sugar syrup – ¼ cup sugar + ½ cup water boil into not very thick syrup
Evaporated milk – 160ml (Refrigerated)
Thick Cream/ full fat cream – 200gms
Whip cream- 2 cups
Vanilla extract- ½ teaspoon
Powdered sugar- ¼ cup (as per taste)
Pistachio flakes – 1cup
Chocolate syrup refrigerated
1. Remove sides of bread and toast it slightly in a pan. Don’t let the colour change. Keep aside,
2. Beat the whip cream in cold evaporated milk till mixture is nice and fluffy. Add vanilla extract.
3. Add thick cream, powdered sugar and beat again till even and fluffy texture is attained.
4. Now ready the dish for setting the pudding.
5. Dip bread in sugar syrup and squeeze between your palms slightly.
6. Place one layer of bread in the dish.
7. Top is with the creamy mixture till evenly covered.
8. Pour a few lines of chocolate sauce on top, swirl it using a knife or fork and add plenty of pistachio flakes.
9. Create one more layer by repeating process.
10. Refrigerate for 12 hours till it is set.
11. Serve cold.