"Ingredients of garam masala will be updated soon"
A signature lamb roast....when I say signature, it’s not mine....its Aj’s signature dish. Yea, I never told you but he is a damn good cook especially with meat. It’s very simple to make. It has a heavy lamb flavour with other ingredients just lingering around. For lamb-lovers, this is definitely a treat. Here I have used green chillies but you can replace it with bell pepper which gives it a great smell and keep heat at bay. Keeping it short and sweet today due to lack of time J here the recipe....
Ingredients: (serves 4)
Lamb -1kg clean and cut into medium to small size pieces
Onion-4 medium sized finely sliced
Green chillies- 2 or 3 slit (optional)
Garam masala powder- 2 tablespoons (freshly ground preferred)
Cayenne pepper/Chilli powder- a pinch
Yogurt - 1 tablespoon
Limejuice- from 1 lime
White vinegar - 1teaspoon
Salt to taste
1. Marinate lamb in mixture as above and refrigerate for an hour.
|lamb simmering away!!|
2. Mix in 2 cups of boiling water to lamb and cook in a deep pan with lid on for 45mins till lamb is fully done and water content has reduced to 1/4th of original.
3. Now drain the water from the lamb into a saucepan and let it start to simmer, then add sliced onions and green chillies. Sauté for a minute.
4. Add a pinch of Garam masala, lime juice and adjust salt.
5. Mix it well with lamb pieces.
6. Serve hot or like someone I know does-eat it straight out of the pot!! J