How much I love Chinese....lol...a sudden change of dinner plans(in my mind) led me to cooking this up...I was out of onions and onion sticks...as usual you have to forget something when you go grocery shopping without a list J. I have used shallots and cilantro instead...the flavours came out great...try it unless you like it old fashioned....
Ingredients: (serves -3)
Whole wheat noodles - 1 bowl
Olive oil/ canola oil - 3 tablespoon
Coarsely ground Garlic and Ginger- 1 tablespoon each
Green chillies- 2 (optional - strictly for spice lovers)
Vegetables of your choice julienned - 1 cup
Chicken fillets- 2 shredded
Beef chunks shredded- 1 cup (I used canned precooked ones)
Chicken stock - 1 cup
Soya sauce - 1 tablespoon
Freshly Ground pepper - 1 tablespoon
Egg -2 scrambled
Cilantro - 1 sprig chopped
Shallots - 6 to 7 roughly chopped
1. Boil noodles, drain and keep aside.
2. Heat oil in a large pan.
3. Mix chicken, little pepper and ginger garlic paste. Toss into pan and sautéing till chicken cooks.
4. Add beef and stir till colour changes.
5. Now stir in the veggies.
6. Keep on high flame and add chicken stock.
7. When stock is almost evaporated, move mixture in pan to a side and pour 2 beaten eggs in. Scramble it and mix.
8. Add soya sauce. Mix all ingredients well on a high flame. Add more soya sauce if salt content is less than desired.
9. Now add cilantro and noodles.
10. Stir, stir and stir on a high flame.
11. Serve hot...and you won’t even remember what they call accompaniments J
Tips n Tricks:
· Don’t overcook the noodles please.
· Don’t dry off the moisture in the mixture too much before adding the noodles.