Thanks everyone for voting me to the top 9 on FOODBUZZ.
Authentic Chinese sauces and seeds are impossible to get in regular supermarkets. And when you have to discover a combination for your rice (POST: ROMANCE WITH LEFTOVERS!!) there is nothing but the racks of your refrigerator to shop off!! So here’s presenting Saucy Chicken and vegetables.
You can garnish with white sesame seeds. Too bad, I was out of stock on them.
Ingredients: (serves 4)
Boneless Chicken fillet -2 cut into thin strips
Carrot, beans, capsicum cut into thin strips - 1cup each
Onion- 1 diced
Chopped Garlic and Ginger- 2 teaspoon each
Vegetables stock - ½ cup
Green chillies- 2 slit open
Ground pepper - 1 tablespoon
Olive oil - 1 tablespoon
Corn flour - ½ tablespoon mixed well in ¼ cup water
Tomato ketchup - ½ cup
Hot chilli sauce - a little less than ½ cup
Soya sauce - ½ cup
For marinating chicken:
Ginger garlic paste- 1 teaspoon
Pepper - 1 teaspoon
Soya sauce one teaspoon
1. Mix chicken in marinade and keep aside.
2. Heat olive oil in a pan
3. Add chopped ginger and garlic, sautéing till that finger lickin’ aroma comes about.
4. Add chicken and stir fry till its whitein colour.
5. Then toss in onion, carrot, beans and green chillies.
6. Keep sautéing till it cooks just enough so that the crunchy texture stays.
7. Finally add capsicum and pepper.
8. Now add vegetable stock and simmer at high flame so that water content is reduced to minimum.
9. Mix all contents for sauce in a bowl and add to the chicken and veggies
10. Last stir in the corn flour
11. Serve hot.