Ingredients: (serves 4 to 5)
Salmon - ½ kg fillet de-skinned and diced
Butter - 1 spoon (optional for garnish)
Hung curd- 1 ½ tablespoon
Cayenne pepper/Kashmiri red chilly powder- 1 teaspoon
Turmeric powder - ½ teaspoon
Garam masala- 1 teaspoon (freshly ground preferred)
Pepper powder- 1 teaspoon
Fresh ginger garlic paste- 1 tablespoon
Lime juice from 1 whole lime
Salt to taste
1. Mix marinade into smooth paste.
2. Spread a large piece of cling film in a bowl. Place salmon pieces in this and coat generously with mixture. Toss in the entire mixture.
3. Now hold the edged of the cling film and twist into a pouch such that the salmon is intact inside and fully covered.
4. Place the pouch upside down in the bowl, so that it won’t open up.
5. Refrigerate for five to six hours.
6. Carefully uncover and remove pieces one by one without disturbing the coating(now more firm). Place on grill.
7. Cook in grill mode for 12 mins. Then change to convection (200⁰C) and cook for another 2 to 3 mins.
8. Switch off and let it stand for 15 mins before transferring to plate.
9. Garnish with butter and serve as starter.