Cream cheese, feta cheese, cheddar cheese n etc....etc....cheese is one yummy food.....me n AJ are two cheese freaks...n so it’s not surprising when our 1 year old princess loves it more than chocolate....
Halloumi cheese (traditional Cypriot cheese) has a rubbery texture when uncooked but once fried, it’s irresistible. This is my personal off the shelf, tried and tested recipe.
Ingredients: (serves - 3)
Halloumi cheese (traditional Cypriot cheese) - 250 grams diced
Egg - 1
Bread crumbs for coating.
Oil for deep frying
1. The salt content in halloumi available in supermarkets is really high. So, its better to dice the cheese and put it in a bowl of water for 30 mins before cooking.
2. Now while you drain water from the cheese cubes just squeeze them a bit to drain out excess water. Dry the cubes slightly using tissue.
3. Beat egg , dip each cube in it and coat in bread crumbs. (If you wish to make it spicy add some pepper powder or chilli powder to the bread crumbs before coating.)
4. Heat oil, on high flame, fry till golden brown.
5. Serve immediately. The cheese texture hardens if kept for very long after frying.