Leftovers r something hard to tackle if your family frowns at the sight of it on the table next day....Thank God, AJ is a patient man....Here’s what I do to my prawn/chicken/mixed veg curries when I don’t have enough to re-heat but do have just so much that you feel guilty about throwing it away. Rice is the magic word....you could call this Stir Fried Rice in “shrimps curry- Mr. Leftover”. The side dish in the picture is something I had to instantly cook up to serve with the rice. Recipe for the same is coming in my next post. Please dont use tangy curries unless u ilke sour rice =)
Ingredients: (serves 4)
For a bowl of curry you can take 2 to 2 ½ cups rice
Butter for cooking and garnish- 3 tablespoon
Chopped Garlic and Ginger- 1 teaspoon each
Chilli powder- 1 teaspoon or green chillies- 2 (optional - strictly for spice lovers)
Mixed veg. (I took frozen) - 1 cup
Vegetables stock (Maggie) - 1 cube
Soya sauce - 1 tablespoon
Ground pepper - 1 tablespoon
Egg -1 scrambled
Spring onion - 1 sprig chopped
1. Boil rice, drain and keep aside atleast few hours before preparation time. So that it cools down.
2. Melt butter in a pan.
3. Add chopped ginger and garlic, sautéing till that great aroma comes about.
4. Toss in frozen mixed vegetables and stir.
5. Add leftover curry and vegetable stock. Cook with lid on till the veggies are fully done.
6. Then mix in scrambled eggs, spring onion and soya sauce.
7. Finally add the rice and pepper. Mix all ingredients well on a high flame. Add more soya sauce if salt content is less than desired.
Tips n Tricks:
· Don’t overcook the rice. Drain it just before fully cooked. And once cooled to room temperature, you can leave it in the fridge, because fried rice is best made if you have cold rice as grains don’t stick to each other.