Thanks everyone for voting me to the top 9 on FOODBUZZ.
Ah!! Finally a vegan treat...I guess we were getting a little too far away from the vegetarian side of our life in the last couple of weeks. I am sure you must have noticed too many of my previous posts were meat. I have been wanting to experiment with Avocados for a while though it was a dessert idea in my head. I’ll do that next time.
Guacamole happened when my good old friend ‘Ne’ asked me to post a recipe for it! When I say old... it’s in a very literal, we have known each other for over 15 years!! So thanks to her and my stock of over ripe avocados J.
The strawberries happen by chance...I had some ripe but tangy strawberries in the fridge. And they seem like a nice add on to the taste and freshness. Also, I had to do something to them coz they were just too tangy to eat L
Another variation from regular guacamole is the balsamic sprinkle instead for lime juice. It’s a good change J especially with the strawberries.
I did not add garlic to my guacamole because there is a good amount of garlic seasoning on the potato chips and more garlic would mean an unkissable breath...hehehe!! So if you plan to make the guacamole alone, kindly add 1 clove of minced garlic J
And the cumin adds an awesome taste, so don’t opt out on that either!
Ingredients: (serves- 4)
Ripe avocado - 3 seeded
Onion - ½ chopped finely
Fresh cilantro/ coriander leaves- 2 sprigs
Balsamic vinegar - 1½ tablespoon (adjust quantity to taste)
Jalapeno - 1 seeded
Tomato - 1 small seeded and chopped
Cumin seeds - 2 teaspoon toasted and powdered
Lemon zest - 1 teaspoon
Strawberries -3 chopped for garnish (preferably tangy strawberries)
Salt to season
Homemade potato chips:
Potatoes - 2 sliced finely (skin on)
Cayenne pepper- 1 teaspoon
Garlic powder - 1 teaspoon
Butter - 1 stick frozen (hard so we can grate it)
Salt to season
1. Mince cilantro and jalapeno with cumin powder into paste.
2. Scoop out flesh from avocado.
3. Mash avocado and the paste we made in step one. Add balsamic vinegar and season with salt.
4. Fold in chopped onion and tomato.
5. Garnish with strawberries and refrigerate.
6. Give a light coating of butter to the baking tray.
7. Spread a single layer of potato slices in a baking tray.
8. Sprinkle salt over it.
9. Now use a sieve to sprinkle a finely layer of garlic powder and cayenne pepper.
10. Grate a tablespoon of butter evenly onto the seasoned potato slices.
11. Bake for 13-15mins in a preheated oven at 230⁰C till the edges are brown and crisp.
12. Take out and let cool for 2mins before transferring to serving dish.
Enjoy your game with a light and healthy snackJ!!