Ok, I know I have been stuck with a sweet tooth from last few posts and my spicy blog has turned into a sweet creamy one J but I promise after this one last dessert I won’t do more for another month unless I just can’t get off my cravings or want to test my baking skills.
So what on the menu today?? Well, we all know the famous blueberry cheese cakes....i’ll make you a blueberry cheese cake minus the baking skills equals A Pudding!! Luscious and rich that you will want more...hehehe...please stick to the quantities or I’ll assure you that your pudding will turn into soupJ.
Just as we did for our bread pudding, I used an 8inches square dish and the quantity made will have to be adjusted according to your serving dish.
Ingredients: (serves 8 to 10)
Graham honey crackers - enough to spread as double layer base depending on size n shape of dish
Cream cheese - 150g
Full fat cream - 250grams refrigerated
Unflavoured gelatine- 10 grams
Powdered sugar- 1/4 cup
egg white - 2
egg white - 2
Canned blueberry in syrup - 1 cup
1. In your serving dish, arrange 2 layers of graham honey crackers. There can be cracks and crevices here and there so that some of our cheese can make its way down there. But don’t overdo it.
2. Blend cheese and sugar till smooth paste. next add egg white and beat till fluffy. last add cream and blend well.
3. Double boil gelatine with 3 tablespoons of water stirring continuously till it fully dissolves. let it cool down a bit.
4. Now is the trick, pour the gelatine slowly into the mixture as you vigorously blend it. Don’t stop blending till it’s evenly done and a little fluffy which should take at least 5mins. Mind you, if you don’t take this step seriously, there will be lumps of gelatine in your pudding and it will not set.
5. Pour the mixture into you serving dish and spread evenly. Using a spatula, poke some into the cracks and crevices we talked of in step 1.
6. Refrigerate for 6 hours until firm.
7. Pour the blueberry and spread.
8. Refrigerate for another ½ hour....not really necessary if you don’t have guest.
9. Plunge straight in and take a cheesy dive!!!
Tips n Tricks:
· Get the gelatine right and nothing will go wrong.
· You can substitute the crackers with any other ones which won’t get gooey fast.