Thanks everyone for voting me to the top 9 on FOODBUZZ.
As Christmas passes and the countdown for New Year is closing, I present to you a simple and quick appetizer - Smoked Salmon with spicy dill sauce. A tiny and quick post with lots of love and best wishes for every year ahead!! J
Smoked salmon fillets - 2 deboned and rinsed for removing excess salt
Lime juice - from 1 whole lemon
Dill - 1 sprig for garnish
Peppercorns - few for garnish
Dill- 4 sprigs very finely chopped
Butter- 1 teaspoon
Green chillies - 3 chopped finely
Black pepper - ½ teaspoon
Cream - 4 table spoon
Cheddar cheese - 1 tablespoon freshly grated
Parmesan cheese - 1 teaspoon
Garlic - 2 cloves crushed
Salt for seasoning
1. Cut salmon into 1 inch cubes and soak in lime juice for 15mins. If you want to infuse a lot of lime flavour, keep for more time.
2. Meanwhile, prepare sauce. Heat a pan and melt butter
3. Add garlic and sauté till aroma lingers.
4. Add green chillies, dill and cream. Mix well.
5. Add both cheese and let them melt in.
6. If sauce is too thick, add a little hot boiling water to perfect the consistency. If you plan to top with sauce and serve, I recommend a little thick sauce otherwise, it will be too gooey.
7. Now plate the salmon and serve topped with a spoon of sauce, some dill and a pepper corn.
Tips n Tricks:
· Well, some of us can’t adjust to the taste of smoked salmon. If you have a blow torch, use that to sear the salmon marinated in lime juice and pepper. Otherwise, just marinate in lime juice and pepper, then pan. And serve with sauce.